12 Best Ways to Prevent Food Poisoning
Food poisoning can affect anyone who ate the contaminated food. The food might gets contaminated either during the manufacturing or processing.
In most cases, food poisoning is caused by undercooked, improper prepared food or those food materials are stored in an inadequate manner.
Since in most cases of food poisoning is occurred due to improper prepared, storage and cooked, so by understanding how to prepare, cook and store food properly can greatly reduce your risk for food poisoning. Here are some best ways to help you prevent food poisoning:
- Always wash your hands with warm water and soap before preparing food.
- Keep kitchen and its utensils clean.
- Use separate cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked foods. A knife used to cut raw food may have bacteria on it, which can be transferred to other foods.
- Wash fruits and vegetables with water before eating and further preparation.
- Defrost food completely before cooking.
- Keep pets away from food.
- Make sure foods are thoroughly cooked before eating. Meat should not have any pink bits.
- Avoid contact between raw and cooked foods. Store raw meat, poultry and fish at the bottom of the fridge and cooked food at the top of the fridge.
- Store all perishable foods at 5 ° C or less.
- Keep canned foods in a clean and cool dry place.
- Throw away food that does not smell right and / or has fungus on it.
- Always check “use by” date or “best before” date marked on the packaged foods before eating them.