Body odor is a common problem among those who suffer from prolonged illness where a patient restrained in bed for a long time.
Likewise, if the patient is under constant treatment and drugs, causing them lack of mobility and the body’s natural cleansing get restricted. They may experience the body odor or unpleasant smell as well.
Some foods and beverages such as garlic, onions, spices, and alcohol also can cause unpleasant smell from an individual who consume it. The people who in hormonal changes stage such as puberty and menopause or have constipation also may emit unpleasant odor from their bodies.
The affected individual’s surroundings also bring out the odor if the area is not well ventilated. Using deodorant only worsen the conditions because they contain toxic chemicals, which further deteriorates the problem. Fortunately, there are several home remedies that can help you eliminate the unpleasant body odor naturally. Here are some natural home remedies for body odor:
- Drink a glass of water on an empty stomach, along with 500 mg wheat grass daily. The chlorophyll in the wheat grass may help reduce the body odor.
- Apply baking soda to your armpits as well as your feet can help killed bacteria which is the main cause of unpleasant odor on armpit.
- Place some white vinegar on a cotton ball and apply it to the armpit is also the best way to reduce the body odor.
- While bathing, put a few drops of rose water in the bathtub, It will give you a long lasting freshness and serve as a good natural substitute for deodorant.
- Bathing at least twice/ thrice a day, in the summer season, when one tends to sweat a lot.
- During summer, you can apply the baby powder or talc to your armpits.
- Extract two dozen radishes to juices and blend it with 1/4 teaspoon glycerin. Store it in a spray-top bottle. This can be used as an underarm deodorant. Remember to keep it in fridge.
- Mix ten drops of essential oil with 30ml water and apply the mixture on the armpits. This can help remove the body odor
- Turnip juice is an excellent odor remover. Grate a turnip and squeeze the grated pieces to extract the juice. Apply this juice on your underarms. It can help reduces the body odor for approximately 10 hours. Blended tomato juice and sage leaves is also a good home remedies for body odor. This should be applied 15 minutes before take shower.